Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the Finance Manager is responsible for the accounting and financial functions of the schools, debtor management, financial related compliance reporting and certain business management requirements of both schools. The purpose of the position is to ensure all financial matters relevant to the Schools are performed in a timely and accurate manner while ensuring compliance with all relevant requirements.
The key focus of the role includes:
- Leading the preparation and analysis of clear, informative and timely quarterly financial statements and reports for all school entities
- Supporting the Commercial Manager with the leadership of the finance team by providing day-to-day operational direction to the team to ensure key objectives and timeframes are achieved
- Preparing various financial reports for the School Council, Trustee, Committees, Principals and others as required
- Preparing end-of-year financial statements and statutory returns in a timely manner
- Coordinating the preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting and liaise with the appointed auditors